Monday, December 27, 2010

Leftovers & Letters From Santa

What do you do with your leftovers? Wrapping paper leftovers that is. I don't normally save mine...well sometimes I might save some of the wrapping paper if I just really love it. Always before I'd throw most of what was left, if not all of it away, telling myself it was a space issue. Now, I've got the space, just not sure I want to take it up with leftover wrapping paper and bows. I know it's a waste, and that stuff is soooo expensive! For some reason I save and reuse the bags...but not the paper or bows. Just wondering what you guys do with yours.


Santa came.... and must have had a little extra time this year. He played a little trick on the kids. Instead of leaving their gifts under the tree as he always has in years past... this year he left each one of them a letter in their stocking with clues as to where to find their present in the house.. well, except for Josh. Josh had to go find his in the garage. The kids didn't know this was happening, although they did corner me asking as to why Santa didn't leave their gift!
Below are the pictures of them as they are each reading their letters.



It was too much fun, and the kids really enjoyed it.... although there seemed to be moments of frustration from not being able to find what was literally right in front of them at times!

It's been a busy month. We had a wonderful Christmas, all of our families together. This was the first year that both mine and David's family celebrated together and it was really nice, even if David and I were sick.

I've had this nasty mess of coughing, sneezing, fever, sore throat for over a week. It's better now, but there were some nights with very little sleep this last week due to constant coughing. I only worked one day last week due to being sick and then off for holidays, at least I know I'll have plenty to do in the office for the next few days!

I must run... want to do a quick post... it's been weeks since my last I know, and I've truly missed it! It's time for David and I to watch one of our favorite shows.. "The Closer". We luv it! Maybe now that I've stolen Matt's laptop I'll post more. It's pretty cool sitting in the living room with David and being online.... hmmmm, I think I see a laptop in my future! Is it to early to start asking Santa for next years present?

6 comments:

Barb said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. So did we. Very quiet and enjoyable.

We save all our paper. In fact, we wrap all the boxes so they can be opened and they don't look like you opened them. You know, slit the tape at the bottom of the package. That way they can go back under the tree and look pretty for a while. then we pop off the bows and store them away for next year. Tight, I know, but it not only saves time but money galore!!! And it is such a shame to take the time to wrap them so pretty and then rip them open and throw away. Just another saga in the I am so weird file!!!

Love the stocking venture. How much fun. It would have been so much fun to watch. And then to see the look on their faces when they didn't see a present under the tree for them!! Too cute!!

Staci said...

What a cool way for Santa to have left the gifts. :-) Sorry you were under the weather but glad you're feeling better! Happy new year! :-)

Paula Calvanico said...

What a great idea for the kids!! Maybe when the rest of mine are older, we'll give that a try :)

I don't save my paper, but I do the bags and boxes! Only if a bow is really special will I put it on the side.

Sondra said...

After last year, spending a couple hours wrapping gifts and 24 hours later, watching it all wadded up and thrown away... I asked my sister to sew me drawstring gift bags for my birthday. They are only for the immediate family (so I get them back!) and all we had to do was put a tag on them. Cleanup was easy and I only had to wrap extended family gifts!!!

Melissa said...

I like Sondra's idea!

I have a bunch of rolls of wrapping paper, most of which I bought on clearance after Christmas. Usually we only exchange gifts between immediate family members (as well as just for Seth's niece and nephews), and I do wrap those. I've stopped tying pretty bows on them, though, as most do not seem to care about that. lol I have some of those stick-on bows, of course that I bought on clearance as well, and so I'll use those most of the time.

I like your stocking idea!

Susan said...

We never seem to have a bunch of wrapping paper, so I usually toss what's left. (I know....there's probably a special place for me in paper hell, but oh well.) There was one year that I bought a solid colors, and saved the leftovers for birthdays. Easy to multi-use solid red or lime green if you just switch up the bows!