Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's a Blue Blue Day!

That title is really fitting for today. They skys are different shades of blues with rain falling from them.... which makes me blue because I love the sun shine. Yes I know, we must have the rain, but I'd really rather it rain while I am asleep! Or at the very least, after dark. BUT.... that's not why I picked that title. It's to do with my layout I am posting. It's blue, blue, and more blue! Don't get me wrong, I think blue is a pretty color and there are so many hues of it. I don't dislike it, it's just not a color I gravitate towards. Think that is in part due to the late 80's/early 90's, blue was the it color. People had blue cars, blue furniture, blue in all their decor. I was one of those people, and quickly got burnt out on it... the same thing with the color mauve. At that time I was painting wood crafts and also painting on clothing. Everyone wanted blues & mauve's.
Now the colors make me go .... ICK!

Can you believe it is almost the weekend? AGAIN? And Saturday is Halloween? How did that happen? But it did, and it's almost the weekend again. I'll be making another trip out to take care of momma-do's. My mother is doing so well. She keeps improving daily. My dad's not feeling to good right now, and my aunt left for a few days, which made me think OH NO! Neither one of my parents are able to take care of the other right now...this could be bad.

Last weekend was really nice. David and I went out to Daddy and Mom's to take care of a few things, then headed in to Wichita Falls to see the kiddos. David dropped me at the mall and picked up Matt. They went golfing and Jessica and I had a day of shopping and pampering. I had my hair done and then we went and got pedi's and mani's. I got some new clothes and 2... yes 2 new pairs of boots! I was so excited!
As my friend Courtney said, I am now a styling Diva! Plus I had my very own personal shopping assistant. Thanks Jessica! I even bought some Christmas presents. They were all for Jess, but that's ok. We then finished up the evening by taking the two out to eat. It was a fabulous day!

Jessica was supposed to come to the house on Sunday to do some scrapping, but it didn't work out. She's thinking she wants to get back in it. I'm thinking that could be lots of fun and a bit expensive! Maybe she'll be here this weekend.

Which brings me to my next layout in the book for mom. The picture looks a little washed out. I've been jacking with the settings on my camera and can't remember where perfect was. Some day I'll take a real class! Ahhhh, I drifted from the subject at hand didn't I!

While uploading this layout and the next one, I realized that I've not been making titles for these pages. Normally, I have titles. Not sure why I'm not here... really at a loss as to the reason.

So, you see all the blue? In the upper right hand corner do you see my Tim Holtz ribbon? It looks like camera film.... it was free! I love freebies! And it's really cute too. Again, I Glimmer Misted all of the flowers, using two shades of blue. The papers I've used have shades of brown and blue, but the brown isn't showing up very well. My fault there.


All of my flower centers are from brads that were silver and I glittered with yellow embossing glitter. This picture really didn't turn out to well and I should try to get a better one! The blue flowers look vibrant though.

Here's my new thing. I know I've used this technique on this album already... but it's still new. This time, instead of just stamping on the flowers, I glimmered them first.... (hey glimmered, sounds like I put a Vampire spell on them!) oh, sorry... did it again...anyway, I glimmered the flowers, let them dry, and then stamped them with brown distress ink from Tim Holtz.




Papers used were by Bazzill and Stampin Up. The shoe cut outs are a Graphic 45 line.
Flowers and bling by Prima. Tattered angles note card and of course Glimmer Mist. Tim Holtz ink and ribbon.

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. It really makes me happy to see you've been here. Think at lunch I'll try for a better picture.

3 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Loving it lady, you are really doing some gorgeous stuff!!

courtney said...

You're not just a stylin' diva, you're a stylin' scrappin' diva!
Very beautiful....or should I say blue-tiful?! heehee.

Elaine. said...

Love that blue and the flowers. You are really one busy scrapping lady, who will meet her deadline, stylin' and all. Man, TH needs to pay you!
Elaine