Monday, July 4, 2011

Been a long time, Been a long time..

Anyone know that song....
Been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time!

It's a Zeppelin tune...and not that I'm a huge Zeppelin fan... I just thought wow it's been a long time, then the words from the song were in my head...and now I've got a mental picture of the times David played this song..so it's probably in my head for the day!

It has been a long time really since I've been blogging. It's not actually been a lonely time...although it's been a rough few months..with lots happening. But lonely... you can't be lonely with Ozzy in the house!

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here and thought I'd share a little with you on what I've been doing.


Remember what the back yard looked like last year... ALL the monkey grass around the pool...
Now the monkey grass is GONE! Lots of work, but it's gone!
Big difference... huge!
HaHa! Ozzy hiding behind some of the shrubs while David has the pool vacuum out.
The back yard now.... this is what I've been doing!  With all my digging and mulch flying I've managed to murk up the pool a little so it's not clear as it normally is.  Guess now David will be a busy man!
Meet Miss Molly! Jessica & Josh's new baby... we've got Molly & Zoey while they are out of town... lots of puppy action in the house this weekend!

And Tommy! Here's Tommy the Toad in his house!


This is pretty much what I've been doing since March. It's almost finished, and I have to say I'm sure glad!

Hope you all have a fabulous & safe 4th of July!

8 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Lisa, it looks beautiful! I really miss having a pool. The puppies are all too cute, and the toad is adorable in it's house. Santino would love that!

Have a great 4th

Paula

VanHuis Family said...

Ohmygoodness, Lisa! Your back yard looks AMAZING!!!! I love it! What a place to sit and relax. :) Glad to hear you're doing well. I've missed hearing what you're up to.

Kathi said...

Gorgeous backyard, Lisa. Your pool looks so inviting and so does the toad house. Tommy's is one "fat cat!"

Barb said...

Wow, Lisa! That looks beautiful. How nice to be able to chill in the pool and look at that beautiful scenery!!!

And what cute puppies. They sure seem to be having some fun together!!

Have missed you blogging but I totally understand. Still...sure glad you are back!

Enjoy your summer. I wish that pool was in OUR backyard!! LOL

courtney said...

The yard is looking fan-tabulous, Lisa! All that work was certainly worth it.
And you know I'm lovin' all those poochie pics! What a group of cuties!

Susan said...

Everything looks amazing! And a picture of Tommy to boot! So glad to finally be able to put a face to the name. :)

Staci said...

Your pool and landscaping are gorgeous! Cute doggies too!

Melissa said...

Wow, what a difference! And I'm jealous of your pool!

Ozzy looks so funny! You must scrap that!

Molly is adorable! What kind of dog is she?

I love Tommy! He's just too cute. Look at him, enjoying the little home you made for him!

BTW.. thanks! I have that song in my head now, haha! (we're Zeppelin fans, especially Seth!)