Saturday, July 23, 2011

Simply Saturday!

A nice Saturday it has been. I was up early this morning... not liking it much at the time, but up I got and hit the road. Off to a photography class... and I am so glad I went. I was actually very surprised at what I already knew. Not that I'm trying to pat myself on the back...just that some of it I'd already read 100 times and it all made sense! I think I may fall in love with my camera all over again!!

Now I'm ready to do a little scrapping. Well I'm going to go outside and play with my camera for a bit first...then some scrapping. David is recording and I need to be quiet... hahahaha.

While at the scrapbook store... yes I was at the scrapbook store and I was good! For real... I didn't even look at everything...and they were having a sale on Sizzix dies! There were several I didn't have and several of the new ones that I've been thinking I wanted, but I walked away without buying a single one!! All I bought were a few pages and trim for Kristin's baby album. I am so super duper proud of myself.

To be honest, I'me feeling very overwhelmed in the scraproom right now. I have way too much stuff and I really think it's slowing me down! I spend more time looking through things trying to decide what to use than actually using it. I know many of you can relate to this! Anyway, I've promised myself...again... no more scrappy purchases until I've made a dent in the stash I already have. Well, unless I stumble across some Washi tape! I'm pretty sure I was meant to have rolls and rolls and rolls of it!!

Here's another page for K's album! My thoughts are she can journal on the tag. I just love the little owl, even if they are so last year! If it looks like the border bits of pp are not straight...it's because I planned it that way. It didn't actually turn out the way I was seeing it in my head...but then again, what does! It's ok, I still like it!



Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like it! I really love the little owls too. :)

Barb said...

I am so running behind. You think retired I would have so much time. Not so!! Just more I want to do!!!

Love love love the LO! Cutie owl for sure but I really like the tilt on the page. I am not one to have everything straight.

Funny about you saying too much slows you down. I have always admired Noell Hyman for how she scraps and she has very very little. And no fancy dies etc and really very little stash at all and does such a beautiful job. I think you are right. We tend to get lost in the goodies!!

Glad you had a great time at the class. Anxious to see your new pics with what you learned.