Monday, July 18, 2011

A few things....

Happy Monday Morning!

These last few days I've spent some time thinking about all the people that have come and gone from my life over the last (I'm not going to tell you a number) years. I don't really know why I've been thinking about this...there is no rhyme or reason to my brain function. Anyway, there's been a lot! The people you know in school, then your first job through the 12th job...no I've not had that many jobs. Different people you date and their families or friends. It really adds up when you think about it. Some you miss and are sad that you no longer are in touch, some... not so much. I blame our busy lifestyles for this...well, that and my foot that seems to always end up in my mouth! I think instead of breast enhancements we should have 'add a filter to the mouth'! I would probably benefit from that much more!!

I've not been doing much of a job blogging of late. Somedays I'm busy...somedays I think why bother, does anyone really care, somedays I'm just too lazy to take pictures or post, and somedays I can't get David off the computer. He has a new obsession...and he is slowly getting me addicted!

I must say that I'm just a little unhappy that Casey Anthony is walking the streets today. While she might be in hiding right now, she wont always be, and if she takes just one of the offers she's been given, she will have more money than most of us! There is something seriously wrong with this picture!

I actually cooked yesterday. I think that's probably about the 6th time I've cooked since I went on strike back in April. I roasted a chicken and made us some veggies. David's back on his diet and has lost 10lbs in the last 9 days I think. He's doing so great. Then we settled in our chairs and watched True Blood. Kristen is a big fan too... Matt, well he just tolerates it.

I have been doing a little creating while I've been absent from the blogging world, working on a gift album. I always get nervous and worry while making these...and have to remind myself that the recipient is going to be more focused on the pictures and having them in an album than if the page should have had more or less embellishments! This album is for a first time mommy, a very good friend of Jessica's, who in my mind is still just 14 and should be on the ball field!

I'm having fun making the pages, but worried about making them all look different. I don't want the pages to all look the same, you know what I mean. I'm not going to list all my products. Some I've had in my stash for awhile (yay for using them) and some are from kits. I am doing better about using my supplies and not just collecting them. Could be because I am so out of room, and have you seen then new releases that are coming?









Gracious, for someone who hasn't been blogging because she thought she didn't really have anything to say.... I can't seem to hush! I hope you all have a great day.... and before I go... I have to say...

HOW ABOUT MY TEXAS RANGERS!!

note: spell check doesn't seem to be working... and sometimes I just type away not worrying about my spelling, knowing spell check will catch it...and then it comes back to bite me in the butt!  So.... if you see something wrong... well, don't let it bother you too much!

Wishing you all a fabulous day!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Well, first of all; I CARE!!! So you best get to blogging. But honestly. I know what you mean. I feel like I've neglected many of my friendships lately; both "imaginary" and IRL. I just get so wrapped up in the summertime happenings of my kids, and work, and the house, and all of life's other obligations. It seems that I am constantly emotionally spent. Anyway; you needto keep blogging. When I see other friends post, it makes me want to post, and then I want to scrap, and then I want to chat. And pretty soon I'm all happy and peppy; all because Lil' Ol' Lisa decided to blog today. :)
Love all the LO's BTW! I've been thinking that I should invest in a case of Kraft (Crumbcake); it's slowly becoming my favorite!

courtney said...

This album is coming along great, Lisa! I know what you mean about the stress making a gift album creates, I go through that every single time I make one. And then I see the recipient's face and realize that no, they don't notice or care about all the little details that were screaming, glaring errors of design in my mind.
And just so you know, I love seeing your blog posts, seeing your latest creations, hearing about what's going on with you and your family and all that good stuff. So please, don't stop!

Paula Calvanico said...

Ditto Susan!! I love reading whats going on in your life! This album is coming great Lisa! What a special gift it'll make.

True Blood - are ya just lovin Eric? He's so cute with no memory ;) How about that Alcide with no shirt :)

I felt so terrible about that dad who caught the ball that Josh Hamilton threw. Hubby calls Josh my bf since I find his story so inspirational and think it's awesome that he could get back on track.

Always keep blogging I love to read and see what you've done, you always give me great ideas and new techniques to try!

Lora Oliver said...

Lisa, love the pages and while I sympathize with your concern about making them different, you are very talented and need to rest assured that the album YOU create will be a beautiful and cherished gift. Believe in yourself the way your friends and loved ones believe in you. :)

Melissa said...

I care! I love reading your blog - it always makes me smile and I can just hear your voice as I'm reading!

Love the pages, and I know Jess's friend will just love them. She will really treasure the album no matter how many embellies!