Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Honest Scrap Award
A few weeks back my friend Melissa bestowed upon me an Honest Scrap Award. The person that this award is given to is to tell 10 honest things about themselves. As you can see, I'm a little late getting it posted. I've thought about it every single day, and kept planning to get it done.... but as you can see I'm a little late. Imagine that!
So, here goes!
1. While I may have the best of intentions I am often late... haha... deadlines are not my friend!
2. I am not a big fan of the words sugar/honey/sweetie. Unless we are related by blood or maybe even marriage or you are a dear good friend of mine... DO NOT call me sugar/honey/sweetie/precious... I hate that and will seriously cringe. No, it's not a southern thing. I am from the south and I don't do it!
3. I don't like manuals. I like getting new gadgets and toys but please please please don't make me read how to work them. Just show me or tell me, please I beg you! I will whine all day long if I have to figure it out!
4. I stomp my foot when I'm frustrated or trying to get attention! If I'm trying to get attention I will chant "ME ME ME" while stomping my foot!
5. I bore easily! Very easily. That's why I love scrapping... there is always something new to learn or play with.
6. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors bug the heck out of me. I also worry that I've made one or a dozen. Yes I worry with every single post/email/letter. That's why I do this ...... cause I'm thinking hmmmm should a period go there or a comma or a, oh heck I'll just do this ....... Wow, can't believe I just admitted that! When I catch David reading my blog I never ask what'd you think, instead the words coming from me are "how many errors did I have"!
7. It is impossible for me to say the word wash without an 'r' in it unless I concentrate! I really feel like I'm way back in time wearing petticoats when I pronounce it correctly.
8. I really really miss having friends near by. At times it feels like I am the only person in this town and not only does it make me really sad at times, but I do not like it!
9. When I say Bless Your Heart, I'm really not blessing your heart. It actually has a whole different meaning!
10. I say what's on my mind. You very seldom have to wonder what I'm thinking or feeling. (unless you are David) I don't pretend, and don't believe in it. I don't think I could ever be called a fake friend. I'm not the person that is going to tell you oh those shoes are great while thinking to myself or worse telling someone else oh my gosh how ugly! With that being said... if I tell you that your shoes are too cute, you know I mean it! I really and truly struggle with this, more than anyone would know. But, I am who I am.
You know, I really thought this was going to be hard. I could actually list about 5 more things. I'm sure more than that, but at least 5 that are so me! I'm supposed to pass this on to 3 people... so I need to go take a peek at who I want to pass it on to. I'll be back to add that in a minute.