Thursday, February 10, 2011

Making the most of a Snow Day!

Hello Bloggers!

I hear spring is on it's way!  The tv said so this morning... they actually said 31 more days!  Can we have a big YEEHAW!  I'm so ready!  Although I am liking this whole snow day program!

Yesterday was another snow day here!  I made good use of my time yesterday.. well some of it anyway.  If I'd gotten back in my scraproom yesterday morning instead of yesterday afternoon who know's what I would have accomplished!

I've made a promise to myself...well more like I've threatened myself... that I will use up these kits that I have!  In the last year and a half I've joined and dropped a few different kit clubs looking for just a couple that I loved...which I've found I do believe.  In the process I've managed to gather up several, and I mean several kit packets.  The pages below were all made using a kit from Close To My Heart.  While I'm not really digging the quality of the paper, I must admit it sure made putting these babies to gather a no brainer pretty much!  I've still got enough left from the kit to do a few pages, but didn't want them all looking the same page after page...so I'll come back to this kit later.

All pictures are from my NYC/CT trip 2.5 years ago.  I'm determined to get these layouts finished this year!

                           
The journaling on the memorial plaque pretty much tells the story here.  These pictures were taken at Ground Zero.

Another picture from Ground Zero.  The orange Whistle Warning sign at the top hung on a fence there.
My tissue tape flower.  I went on a quest for colored tissue tape... not to be found here.  So... not to be thwarted...I bought white and ah-ha... have glimmer mist, will color!  I love the texture it gives the page.  I also did some glimmer misting on the entire page.
These next two layouts were at St. Paul's Chapel in Lower Manahattan there by Ground Zero.  See Bailey Ann in the picture.  She is such a beautiful young girl!  I've more layouts to come from inside St Paul's.  It is such a beautiful chapel and you can't help but be after stepping inside the doors.

Again, the plaque tells the story, no need for journaling on this page.

Supplies:
All paper & 3D Embellishments from Close To My Heart
Notepad paper from Making Memories
Journal notes & spots from JilliBean Soup and We R Memory Keepers
Ribbon, stamps, ink from Stampin Up!
Remember this Moment stamp from For The Luv of Art
Thickers
Tissue tape, unknown
Glimmer Mist & Glimmer Screens from Tattered Angels
I'm not even knowing what has drawn me to the blue the last couple of days... but I'm not fighting it!  I seem to accomplish more when I don't fight the voices!

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your up and coming weekend!

btw:  I can't seem to get spell check to work so please let me apologize for any spelling mistakes!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Lovin' that tissue tape flower and all your misting! These layouts are really coming together! Lookin' good!

Lora Oliver said...

There are not even words for the experience of the WTC and I am impressed that you allowed the signs to make the effort. These are beautiful and meaningful pages. Thank you for sharing them.

Barb said...

Great LO's, Lisa. Snow days have been plentiful for you all this year. But it is time for spring to pop!!!

Love the LO's. You colors and textures are really super!! Kits can really make scrapping way faster!! Used to love them.

Hope you see some warmth soon. It was 80 here the other day!!! LOL ops!! Sorry, Had to say that!! LOL

Melissa said...

Love these, and the memories and pictures are more profound without journaling. I think the colors of the kit worked well with your pictures.

I really love how your flower turned out.. it took the mist very well!

Radish said...

I am in your manual mode class. Nice site.

Elaine. said...

Great lo's, L. Time goes by fast. The lo's speak for themselves. What a cute girl you have in that pic, reminds me it's time to send that teeny bopper to your house!
Love the layouts

Serene said...

The torn edges of the first lo are appropriate for a lo on 9/11.
All of your los are great. Good for you embracing blue. I like it!

courtney said...

Beautiful, creative, inspiring work. Glad you're getting this trip scrapped!

Paula Calvanico said...

Wow, just beautiful Lisa, so moving as a native, thank you for doing this and sharing :)