Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quotes & Friends

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Oklahoma today. Think I may go outside and work in my flower beds...especially after a couple of days ago and my husband asking me what was going on out there. I really have let them go and that is so very unlike me. After his asking about it though, I did get out there two days in a row after work and just 30 minutes each day has made a huge difference. Imagine what an hour today could do! It's just the sides though, I'm sort of taking care of the front ones. But, get this... in one of the front beds I have a watermelon vine growing. Didn't plant it, but it's there..and it's got baby watermelons! How cool huh?

Here is another cj that I've got going from a forum. I'm really happy with the way my pages turned out or should I say just came together.

Again, I'm using orange. I just seem to keep gravitating towards that color right now. Well, just the whole red family. Anyway, I've used Bazzill and Stampin Up papers. I'm so very sad right now too. In these three layouts I've mainly used Stampin Up papers and love them. The colors are just amazing. I only had a half of sheet from each because I got them in a paper share we did. Not realizing I couldn't order these pages anymore I used them. Which is a good thing, because if I'd known I could get anymore I'd have never used them and probably not loved the layouts like I do.

On this first page, my title page, is one of the flowers I made. It just adds a little something else to the page. A Tim Holtz arrow...still a huge fan of his. A little bling, you know how I've got to have that... and a thingymabobber... you know this }... from the punchie swap we had. The ribbon at the top came from a surprise box that my friend Joy sent me. She hit a huge going out of biz sale at her LSS and shared a few things with me. Thank you again Joy for that wonderful surprise.


These next two pages are my layouts. I just love these colors together... so fresh and spring looking I think. I've used a few Dew Drops in the upper corner. I really like those and got them from Impress Happenings. Some Prima flowers that I've stickled... I really like that look. A little white clip that came from Stampin Up... and the most beautiful flower that I was sent from my friend Sondra. She made this flower from paper that she made. It came in the mail I think on Thursday and fit just perfect on this layout.

On this page, the butterfly I used came from Sandi in the punchie swap we had. The top layer I've used blue stickles on and the bottom I used Stampin Up watercolors. The blue corner piece is chipboard that I glittered. And of course another Prima flower that I stickled.

I'm just really pleased with how this turned out and excited about finally having a quote circle journal of my own to keep. In the next few days I will upload some of the layouts I've gotten for this cj.



Here is a close-up of the flower and handmade paper that Sondra sent me. I don't know how she does it but it is fabulous. The texture of it is so cool. I tried to get a close up of the paper so you can see the different shades in it. There is no way I can do this justice by describing it. It is just so awesome and I can't wait to use it.

Here is the close up of the flower she sent with the paper. She made this from the handmade paper and her Sizzix I think she told me. It is just beautiful and couldn't have arrived at a better time! I'm hoping she will start making these to sell so I can get more! Thank you so much Sondra for sending them! I just love them!


Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Your layouts for this journal are wonderful! I know how you feel about the paper you used and am glad I read this because I have the same paper and since I now know we can't get anymore I won't be using it! Although you did a great job using it on the layouts, they really look great. I love the handmade paper you got from Sondra, it looks great and the flower, there is just no words. I hope she sells them too because I would love to get some.

Paula Calvanico said...

As always, simply beautiful! You have some gorgeous cj's Lisa

Love Paula

Sassy said...

Love the work you did and the handmade paper flowers from Sondra are amazing. I think we all hope she goes into business selling these. I love how you used items you received from swaps. It's so easy to stick them in a drawer and forget about them (along with a lot of other supplies lol!). Glad you liked the butterfly and it looks really cute on your layout!
Sandi

Sassy said...

Your layouts are terrific and I can see why you love the paper! I love the flower and paper that Sondra made. I think we all hope she'll go into business selling her embellishments! It's nice to see you using items you received in swaps as it's so easy to stick them a drawer and forget about them (along with a lot of other supplies we accumulate lol!). I'm glad you were able to use the butterfly. It looks really cute on your layout! Thanks for sharing your work and I enjoy your blog!
Sandi

Joy said...

I also have that paper and have not used it but I do take it out to look at it. I love your layouts