Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cold Weather Has Arrived!

And I do not like it! No, really, I don't like the cold! As a matter of fact, the cold tends to make me cranky!

Even though I don't like the cold, it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it. It's hard to get out Christmas decorations when it's 70 degrees outside. Now my husband loves that since it makes for really good golf weather.... just doesn't feel very Christmas-y. In my perfect world... it would get cold... but nothing below 45 degrees.. that's cold enough, anyway... it'd get cold about Thanksgiving and then on Jan 2nd be right back up in the 70's - 80's. Seriously, as soon as Christmas is over I am ready for spring!

It's been a couple weeks since I blogged. I know, bad bad blogger! There's just so much going on. Let me see if I can't catch you up on what's what!

We had Thanksgiving... I cooked the meal this year... and all I can say is...
Oh My Gosh! Talk about work. That is just way to much work for one person. And people don't say thank you or try to help. What's with that? I need someone to seriously show me where it is written that the male generation does not need to help! I think the thing that gets me the most is the failure to say thank you. That is just flat out bad manners! But... it's over and I learned that I can indeed cook the holiday meal if needed!

Last Friday we went to the Festival of Lights in Chickasha. All were present, except for Joshua...who by the way... will be landing in Wichita Falls next Friday at approx 4:30pm. It will be good to have him back home! Please say a prayer for his safe travel. So there we were driving through the park checking out the lights when much to everyone's dismay I said...let's park and get out to take pictures! My family wasn't to happy with me! Was just a tad bit cold... but here's a few pictures
from the park.

Notice... pretty.... perfect.... smiling... no silliness!




Now....the picture above and below.... none of my pictures with David and the kids turned out because if he wasn't making faces being silly then Jessica was! I'm not sure who is worse...him or her!


As you know I've been working on a scrapbook for my mother and wanted to have several pages done before this past weekend when my Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins were in. I had no illusions about having it finished, just wanted several pages done. I accomplished that, and I felt good about. The album was a hit, loved by all. I've gotten several pages completed that I haven't posted...I'll be taking care of that soon.... but for now, here is the next page in the album.

I should have cropped my picture and straightened it a little before uploading...I was just in a hurry to get them uploaded. My apologies.







I did some handstitching on this layout. The first time I've ever done that. Just in a couple of spots to add a little something extra to it. I like the way it turned out.
The butterflies I made from using a stamp set from Stampin Up and then cutting them out. They turned out to be simple, yet cute little embellies. I really like the way they looked when I added them to the stickled flowers.
If you will notice the green paper with the dots... it wasn't originally green. Ink is a marvelous thing.

Papers by SEI, In My Minds Eye, & Bazzill.
Other products used, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Stampin Up, Prima Flowers, Prima Jewels, Stickles, Jenni Bowlin bingo card, Pazzle for letters.

I'm sure I am leaving something out... and please accept my apologies for this rather rushed post... I hope to slow down just a bit...as soon as all the gifts are wrapped, and bought, then wrapped, decorations are all finished... after of course a day at work... well you get the picture!

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you a day filled with love and blessings.

5 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Lisa, you're doing great! I love looking at your work.

I see you have some clowns in your family ;), and while I don't like the cold, during this time of yr I deal with it. I don't know, something odd about Santa in shorts and Hawaiian shirt!

courtney said...

Lovely layout Lisa! You're right, the butterflies are simple yet fabulous.
And the family pictures are great....goofy shots and all!

Elaine. said...

Great job Lisa. This is my second post. The first one went somewhere...guess hopped in Santa's sleigh? Wonderful lo and love the picture. Nice touches with the stitching, butterflies, flowers and neat colors to work with. You are using green. You once wrote in your profile, you didn't use green, well now you are. And hey, if you want some cold weather come on over.

Elaine. said...

p.s. love your holiday background

Susan said...

Beautiful LO, Lisa! Love all the colors and the butterflies on the flowers are such a nice touch! Older photos can be so much fun to work with, I've got some coming in the mail from my dad this week, can't wait to get started. Thanks for the inspiration!