Friday, May 29, 2009

Card Candy

Ok, here's the Card Candy I promised Carrie!

First an explanation. This was a swap I was in for "Card Candy". Card Candy is like the Jolie Embellishments that you can buy, except you make this. I was a little worried at first, but you know what??? I don't know why I worry!

The theme for the first batch was Birthday.
It's hard to tell from the pictures but there's a lot of 3D going on here.


Look at the cool way it's packaged. We were supposed to package it with a label and all. I tried, but I wasn't quite this fancy. Isn't it neat!

This one is mine, and for a first timer... it's not so bad! It's hard to see all the stickles and glitter I used from the picture, but there's a lot!


This next set had a theme of Summer/Tropical/Beach. I really had fun with this one. I used my Life's a Beach cartridge from Cricut. I still stressed over this one so don't think I didn't. I bet I cut out at least 12 different things before I finally settled on 7 to use.



Look at the Flip Flops! Aren't they just the cutest!


Can you tell this ones mine? look at all the bling and stickles.


So that's it for this round of card candy. I've still got another one I need to mail off. The theme for this one is colors. I picked Hot Pink (surprise there) and yellow.
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love your Blog and the card candy looks delicious

Carrie said...

Wow!!! All I can say is wow and that I really should have stayed in this swap. The ones you got back are wonderful and the ones you made are just amazing. I love all the glitter you used and the number 1 sign on the birthday ones. The beach ones you made make me want to go to the beach...you captured it so well. I am so going to give this a try, imagine all the money we have spent on these embellies when we could have been making our own all along.

courtney said...

These are amazing! Especially with some of the packaging, they look just like what you see in the stores. Which brings up a very good question.....why am I buying embellies when I have the tools to make better, more personalized and coordinated stuff at home?
Oh and love your song list!

Anonymous said...

I want some candy! Wow, now I understand. Lisa, what a great job, they look better than what you can buy at the store.
Love the beach themes...whoo whoo
Elaine

Paula Calvanico said...

Now just a minute! This is proof that we can really make stuff just as good as what's bought in the stores. Hmmm, that means I don't have to spend hubbies money, that I can just be creative and ingenious all on my own. Oh who am I kidding, I'll still spend, but you have made some gorgeous embellies there lady!!