Friday, July 30, 2010

Can it be???

One layout and two challenges??? Did I really "Get 'Er Done"?

Why yes, it can be! Not only is it one layout and two challenges..... but...... this makes three challenges for the week! What you all say? I know... I'm patting own myself on the back over here! I guess we can say it's been a good week!

I've never participated in a challenge on either of these sites before, but I really like them. I see more challenges in my future! I even did some embossing for this layout. Don't know why I don't do that more often.

At Scrap and Stamp you were to use buttons on your layout and of course a stamp. I always seem to forget I have buttons. I never forget to buy them... just to use them.

Over at Magpie Club the challenge is a sketch. I can't believe this time last year I was saying I didn't like to use sketches and swearing I never would. See what a challenge can do for ya? I think...well I know... I did a little more than the sketch called for with the butterflies and flowers, guess I need to work on that. The staying within the sketch guideline thingamajig. :(

eta: Okay, lets make it 1 layout - 3 challenges. This layout also works over at Practical Scrappers .



I did use paper products from another monthly kit. Yea me again!
All PP- Piggy Tales.
Cardstock for butterflies and scallop circles- Stamin Up!
Scallop Circle stamp and Friends stamp- Stampin Up!
Butterfly Die- by Sizzix from Stampin Up!
Bling - Prima & Creating Keepsakes
Flowers - Prima
Embossing powder- Not sure
Ribbon- Not sure

Think that's got it covered! Wishing you all a great and wonderful weekend!
Oh yea..... it's Friday and no tea or coke/coke products all week! Who'd a thunk it?

7 comments:

Barb said...

Well slap me silly, girl! I woulda thunk it!! I knew you could do it. You just never asked me!!! Congrats to you big time!!! The first week is the worst!! Now is is all on even ground. Your body is used to not having it. You will still WANT it you just won't crave it1

And kudos to you, too for the challenges you did. That LO is over the top. I love the buttons and the shape you did it is great!! Fine job there for sure.

And, have you stopped to think...not only a week of no tea/coke but you are also one week closer to the new house!!! Yeah!!! I am so excited for you.

I need to shut up and go. LOL Have a great weekend!

Paula Calvanico said...

I luv this lo!! i really ike the circle concept it is so nice.

I knew you'd luv that pic! Sonny said i wanna say hi to capt Jack and he says to Sonny, i work on tips mate, so Sonny gave him a dollar.

courtney said...

Oh, I love, love, love this layout! What a great shot of you ladies, and the embellies are just fabulous!
Beautiful, beautiful stuff....and two challenges in one....what talent!
WTG!

Kathi said...

See what no caffeine can do for you?! That is a fantastic LO and wow, it met 4 challenges if you include using kit materials. I LOVE, LOVE this LO. The colors, the papers, and especially the button/stamp embellies. I'll have to try that one myself.

Also love your new mug shot. Makes you tre legit!

Melissa said...

Oooh, I love it!! Great color combo, and combination of products! Don't worry about the sketches, it's so much better if you can make them your own, like you did!

You're doing great with the caffeine!

Benjaman said...

Beautiful LO Lisa! Really love the bright colors and of course the bling! Congrats on the kicking the caffeine addiction ... Coke Zero here and went two days w/o this week and thought I was gonna loose my d*mn mind. TFS!

Carrie said...

I love the layout! I remember that picture too and the story behind it! It looks great and you accomplished the challenges too!